Jessica Swoboda, DDS, MSD
Meet Dr. Swoboda
Dr. Jessica Swoboda was born in Grand Forks, North Dakota, then lived in the Seattle area for many years. She was the valedictorian of her high school and went on to attend the University of Washington. She graduated from UW with a Bachelor of Science in Neurobiology and continued on at the University of Washington School of Dentistry to receive her dental degree (Doctor of Dental Surgery- DDS).
While in dental school, Dr. Swoboda did research, took many elective courses and did an externship in Malmo, Sweden. She remained at the University of Washington for an additional 3 years to specialize in periodontics and complete research to get her Master of Science in Dentistry (MSD) degree. Her research focused on the link between periodontitis (gum disease) and systemic diseases in older adults and was published in the Journal of Periodontology. She has presented her research findings in Seattle, Memphis, San Diego, Honolulu, Toronto and Switzerland. She has also received numerous awards and scholarships. Dr. Swoboda went through additional testing to become a board-certified periodontist and diplomat with the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Swoboda is currently an affiliate assistant professor at the University of Washington School of Dentistry and taught part-time with the dental students in the periodontics clinic for many years. She is active in many dental study clubs and volunteers her time on various boards and fundraisers. Dr. Swoboda exceeds the required hours of continuing education to stay abreast of the newest advances in periodontics. She also gives many lectures each year to dentists and dental students.
Dr. Swoboda is friendly, compassionate, gentle and has a nice chair-side manner. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, golf, tennis, travel and spending time with her family.
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA-BS Neurobiology
- University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA-DDS
- University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA-MSD
- American Board of Periodontology- Diplomate
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Society of Periodontists (past President)
- University of Washington Dental Alumni Association (past President)
- Montana Dental Association
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- Certificate in Periodontics
- Affiliate Assistant Professor at the University of Washington
- Advanced training in Implant Dentistry
- Certified in Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics (Wilckodontics)
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Certified in intravenous conscious sedation (IV sedation)
- Certified in Laser surgery (LANAP)
- Certified in BOTOX® and Dermal Fillers